Wrap-up of my 2013: One Helluva Great Year

Just when I thought my 2013 would end up like the monotonous, adventure-less and risk-deficit 2012 I’ve had last year, this year has surprisingly given me more than what I was expecting. A string of 1st-time activities, bunch of new people met, and several other “new” experiences under my belt– these are how I would sum up my 2013.



My list may not be much and enough for adventure-enthusiasts out there, but considering the many answered prayers the last 12 months have brought me, I can say my 2013 had been ONE HELLUVA GREAT YEAR!

(Of course, I know you don’t care but you've got nothing to lose anyway, so pls just keep scrolling down.)

First HAVOC FUN RUN in the Zombieland!

Joining fun runs was part of my bucket list for this year, and I’m proud to have checked it in April. There was Havoc Fun Run, the zombie-infested “fun” run that we excitedly signed up for. Rule was, have at least one out of your three flaglets safe throughout the race from the zombies that littered Abreeza’s parking lot, and you get yourself an "I SURVIVED" certificate. I survived, of course, but should the whole run have continued a few more minutes, god I would have collapsed from dehydration. (Perting iganga sa sulod sa parking lot, pramis!!!!) But there were free refreshments and singlet – which I believe were the number one reason why we registered in the first place.



White water tubing at Sarangani

The first quarter of 2013 was filled with trips down south, and White Water Tubing was one of the best adrenaline-rushing adventures I’ve embarked on so far (forgive my poor sense of adventure). It’s freaking awesome because it’s FREAKING AWESOME. PERIOD! Don’t ask me if I wanna do it again because I’ll just throw you a ridiculous look. For heaven’s sake, I would!!!


Wall Climbing at Edge Outdoor

May was “sporty” month for us because after the culmination of my previous company’s sports fest, I and a few office mates decided to chereeeennn, wall climb. We had it at Edge Outdoor and I even wrote a post about it where I likened wall climbing to solving a mathematical problem. Go read it for yourself.



Sarangani Bay Fest!

Talk about first times, fireworks are cringingly part of my list. And because it was summer, I and my HS friends took the road down south and experienced Sarangani’s famous SarBay Fest! No reservations booked, no prior knowledge about the place we’re heading to except for “it was synonymous to fun” – all we had were our high spirits and outfits to fashion for whatever time of the day. But hey, we thrived, you know. With our half-prepared and half-we-don’t-care beach bods, we managed to make the most out of our weekend gala. Plus, the fireworks! Boy, that’s what made me ecstatic the whole night! Growing up in Davao deprived me of that visual wonder. J



Bigtime Laag at Little Baguio, Malita

As part of my college friends’ operation out-of-town laag plan, we headed to Malita for Jamie’s bday, where we experienced an excursion like no other. Spent overnight at a resort in Sta. Maria and ascended to the cold, verdant scenery of Little Baguio, Malita, Davao Occidental. The Little Baguio part was the bestest of the best ever, because the views were exhilarating and we truly enjoyed every second we spent there. Need I say more?




Scuba diving

During sembreak, I treated myself for some underwater experience. Scuba diving it is! I wouldn't trade the seemingly magical encounter with Samal’s rich marine life for anything in the world. I and my buddies are planning to do a part II for this adventure, but we are considering some time in next year’s second quarter, when dolphins, we heard, are aplenty in view. Eggzoited!!! 



I have a new blog!

For almost 3 years of writing articles for my client’s website, reading blogs and commenting on them, it’s ridiculous why I didn't have a blog yet. That was why I gave myself an ultimatum that before my birthday, I must create one for myself. And yes, deadlines are effective; I did make one, something I’m quite happy about because I finally found an avenue where I could share my thoughts - sensible and pointless alike - with YOUUUUU! Charrrrrr!

When I got busy with my teaching stint in the last few months, I wasn’t able to tend to this garden of thoughts as religiously as I should have had. And so my flowers took time to bloom, seeds left unplanted, and soil went untilled. But I try to water my plants whenever I have time, such as today. Apparently, I’m not a good gardener.

Yeah, lame excuse, but isn't the garden-blog analogy a bit romantic? Haha!


Got myself a crazy, new job

To begin with, the word “crazy” is a compliment for my super out-of-my-comfort-zone new working environment. From a consistent 8-hour office setting, I’ve jumped into a rollercoaster, life-sucking career called teaching. Tell you what, teaching may have killed the social life I once greatly enjoyed, but it has also enabled me to discover the person I never knew I could be – tolerant, patient and loving. Okay, just forget the last adjective if you find it disturbing. J)))))))))))

It seems like my 2013 has unfolded before me in a blink of an eye. Gives me nostalgia to leaf through my notebook and see how many has happened in the last 12 months of ups and downs. It has been a crazy year indeed, made even crazier by the craziest friends in the world. I couldn't ask for more.

I thank God for the productive and fruitful year He gave me this year, and may my 2014 be filled with new experiences, optimism, wisdom and love!

P.S.
I look forward for volunteer works and international trips next year. Hala ka dihaaaa!!! Law of attraction dayon be!!!! God bless my dreams. J



Tweet

Labels: , , ,